Saturday, November 24, 2007

Chopped off arm, body is healthy

Yep, it was a very, very hard decision.
Today i finalized the removal of Common Navigator from Designer.
Probably one of the toughest decision I had to make so far.
CNF is an awesome framework but the lack of good documentation makes it quite a task to use it.
I got everything to work, with one exception:
Non objectContribution contributed actions.
Getting your actions to show up in the CNF popup based on the selected object(s) is a piece of cake.
Everything else is a completely different story.
I followed the instructions on digital paper napkin up to that point of adding stuff using action providers.
And there it failed. I dodn't know what I did wrong, I got the demo sourcecode, got the same exception: "Incorrect number of expressions: enablement in navigator extension: null in plugin"
A quick googling showed me that some other people hit that problem but no answers so far.
That did it and for now we will live without CNF.
I still hope to get it back in some time but right now we are back to old fashioned RCP.

No comments: